Collection of your Personal Information
Grapevine may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name. If you purchase Grapevine’s services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Grapevine. This information can include: your IP address, geolocation, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Grapevine website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Grapevine’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
Grapevine encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Grapevine so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Grapevine is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Grapevine website.
Use of your Personal Information
Grapevine collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
Grapevine may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other services available from Grapevine. Grapevine may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. Grapevine does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Grapevine may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Grapevine, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. Grapevine may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Grapevine, in order to determine what Grapevine services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Grapevine to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Grapevine will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal processes served on Grapevine or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Grapevine; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Grapevine, or the public.
Retention of your Personal Information and GDPR compliance
Grapevine retains personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed.
Specific guidelines include:
* All personalized identification information provided by our users will be deleted from our data bases upon deletion of the applicable account.
* All video images and content associated with a video recorded by users will be deleted from storage upon deletion of the applicable video.
* Newsletter subscribers’ information will be deleted when consent is withdrawn by using an “unsubscribe” functionality.
The Grapevine website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Grapevine pages, or register with Grapevine site or services, a cookie helps Grapevine to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Grapevine website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Grapevine features that you customized. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Grapevine services or websites you visit.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Grapevine by contacting us here: email@example.com.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
* The categories of personal information we collected about you.
* Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
* The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
* The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code Section 1546 seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
1. Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
2. Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to the registered email associated with the account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your options. any disclosures we provide will cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability request, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you transmit the information from entity to another entity with hinderance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
* Deny you use of our services.
* Provide you a different level or quality of service.
Grapevine Software LLC
2618 San Miguel Drive Unit #522
Newport Beach, California 92660
Email address: email@example.com