Bank Tellers administer routine clerical duties to help customers process bank transactions such as withdrawals and deposits.
Your Bank Teller job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
Getting ready to interview Bank Teller candidates? Check out our top Bank Teller interview questions.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
Screen your next resumes with automated video interviews
- Get information missing from resumes
- Compare video responses side by side
- Screen candidates with confidence
- Build a better candidate pool
Bank Teller Job Description Template
We are currently searching for a reliable Bank Teller to accurately and efficiently process bank transactions in alignment with our current procedures. Organizational skills are paramount as you will handle many routine tasks like payment processing, handling deposits and withdrawals, responding to requests and questions, balancing cash supplies, and keeping track of important financial records.
As a Bank Teller you act as the face of the company and play an important role in customer satisfaction and revenue growth. In order to thrive, the ideal candidate will keep a professional appearance and maintain a friendly, accurate, and helpful attitude while assisting a large variety of clientele daily.
Bank Teller Responsibilities:
- Aid customers in financial transactions like withdrawals, deposits, payments, and account discrepancies
- Answer customer questions and resolve issues by phone and in person
- Inform customers about company products and services (e,g, credit cards, bonds)
- Upsell and cross-sell bank products and services
- Accurately record important information regarding transactions, bank supplies, and customers
- Utilize bank software to track information and create business reports
- Maintain and balance cash drawers and resolve discrepancies
- Roll coins and package cash for the bank drawers or vault
- Comply with bank security procedures at all times
- Handle transactions and confidential information in a professional manner at all times
- Detect fraudulent transactions to prevent losses
Bank Teller Requirements:
- Outstanding time management, customer service, and organizational skills
- Basic math and computer skills
- Professional appearance and courteous manner
- Familiarity with cash drawers, receipt validators, and money counters
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and independently
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- 1+ years bank or credit union experience preferred
- 2+ years experience in a retail or cash handling job setting preferred
Median Annual and Hourly Pay: $29,450 per year/$14.16 per hour
Annual wages for Bank Tellers in the top industries in which they worked:
Management of Companies and Enterprises $31,100
Credit Intermediation and Related Activities $29,420
* Source for wage information: Bureau of Labor Statistics